Do you need affordable full coverage insurance for your new vehicle? If you are making lease payments or have a car loan, there’s a good chance that your financial institution requires that you carry full coverage auto insurance. However, it’s not always affordable. Here at Pagel & Associates Insurance Agency, we can customize an auto insurance policy that meets your needs and helps ensure that you are compliant with the terms of your auto loan or lease agreement.
What Is Full Coverage Car Insurance?
Full coverage car insurance is a term used to describe a policy that is designed to cover you in the event of an accident or incident that damages your vehicle regardless of who was at fault. It’s important to note that full coverage car insurance is not a specific insurance product that you can purchase. Instead, you can completely customize your policy to ensure that it meets your needs and any requirements you have regarding your lease terms or car loan.
What’s Included in Full Coverage Car Insurance?
Since full coverage car insurance isn’t a specific product, you are free to design your policy with limits and deductibles that work for you. Most drivers opt to get liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured and underinsured motorists coverage, roadside or emergency assistance, and rental car coverage.
- Liability – Required by law, helps pay for the not-at-fault driver’s accident-related expenses up to the limits of the policy. Usually doesn’t have a deductible.
- Collision – Helps pay for your vehicle’s repairs up to the value of your vehicle at the time of the accident, regardless of at-fault status. Usually has a deductible.
- Comprehensive – Helps pay for damage to your vehicle due to certain covered events. Examples include certain types of weather damage, fire, theft, and vandalism. May be subject to exclusions and limitations.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance – Helps get your car off the road if it experiences a malfunction while you are driving. Typically pays a certain amount of your tow bill.
- Rental Car Coverage – Helps pay your rental car expenses if your car is in the shop after a car accident.
Can I Add any Extras to My Auto Insurance Policy?
You can always add additional coverage to your full coverage auto insurance policy. Some popular choices include:
- Gap Insurance – Designed to pay the difference between your car’s value at the time of the accident and the remainder owed on your car loan or lease if your car is declared a total loss. May be subject to a deductible
- New Car Replacement – Helps pay for the replacement of your vehicle if it is two years old or newer.
- Medical Payments Coverage – Drivers who do not have medical insurance may want to consider this coverage as it helps pay for any medical costs associated with your car accident.
How do I Get Full Coverage Auto Insurance?
Our agents at Pagel & Associates Insurance Agency can listen to your car insurance needs and create a custom car insurance policy that helps pay for your accident-related expenses. Many drivers opt for maximum limits and choose deductibles that they can always afford. If you are having trouble choosing limits for your policy, we can provide you with information to help you make a decision, and we can recommend the most popular deductible amounts.
To learn more about our auto insurance policies and to completely customize your full coverage car insurance policy, contact one of our agents.